Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Introduction

Hi! My name is Melissa, I am married and have a beautiful 18 month old daughter. We also have 2 boxers, a fawn male & a white female. I am an Independent Beauty Consultant in Mary Kay, I absolutely love the flexibility that I have with this business. Because of my flexibility I am able to get a lot of knitting in!
My mother taught me to knit when I was in college, she is self taught. I made tons of scarves, oh, I forgot to say that we live in Southern Louisiana, so needless to say I dont wear scarves all that often. I graduated from college in 2003 with a major in Visual Arts and kind of forgot about knitting. I picked knitting up again in 2007 and continued making my flat pieces, a few more scarves then I moved on to blankets, lots of blankets.
I had my daughter in January of 2008, therefor my knitting went to baby stuff. I was happy making baby blankets for a while, then my mom showed me a pattern that she had gotten from the lion brand website, it was so cute we just had to try it! It' s pattern #70302AD Child's Sun Top, my mom did it exacly like its shown in the photo. I however used I love this cotton, from Hobby Lobby. The top came out so cute and it was so soft. I made 2 tops and 2 dresses out of this pattern. I thought that doing shaping was going to be hard so I never tried it. I was so excited after I completed these that I wanted to keep going....

No comments:

Post a Comment